I Hate my Job, but I’ve Been Saying That for Years and I’m Still There
Is that you?
Do you find yourself saying I hate my job everyday, yet you’re still going to it day in day out? Why do you think that is? Is it because you don’t know what else you could do? Lack of confidence? You just feel scared to say I quit and try something else?
This scared me
Recently I walked past my old office building just as the working day was starting. At first I was thinking ‘thank goodness I managed to escape and thats not me walking in there anymore’, but then I looked a bit closer and I was shocked.
The people walking into the building were the same people from years ago. They were still walking into that building every morning, still following the same routine years later, still putting in the hours and waiting for their next holiday. They looked grey and unhappy.
It got me to thinking
Even though people may think every day ‘I hate my job’, they just keep plodding along, staying in their comfort zones and not realising they have another choice. Maybe they know they have another choice but the fear is just so big that its paralysing?
So just why do we get up in the morning, put on our work clothes and set off to the office on autopilot, even though it destroys our soul?
Ask yourself these questions
Take a few minutes to write down every reason that you haven’t left the job you hate. Ask yourself these questions:
- Why do I stay when I hate my job?
- What scares me when I think about saying I quit?
- What feelings come up when I imagine handing in my notice?
- Are any of these things that I can’t overcome? Or could I work on them one by one until I have no more reasons to stay?
There is another way
I want to create a revolution. I want to show people that there is another way. I want to free people from the daily grind, the greyness, and bring them back into full colour. Not just full colour, but ultra HD.
From my own experience of the 9-5 and hating my job, plus hundreds of conversations I’ve had with women like me who want to say ‘I quit’ and work in their business full time, I have realised it boils down to 5 things.
- MINDSET – a strong, positive mindset is the key to everything (in life, not just our work lives)
2. CLARITY – just what exactly is it you should do instead? What is your life purpose?
3. BUSINESS BASICS – how can you start a side hustle while working, that you can grow to replace your full time income?
4. STRATEGY – which steps do you need to take and in which order? What do you need to have in place before you say I quit?
5. ACTION – getting it done!! Setting the date to say I quit.
So where are you?
You may be right at the start of your journey. You know you want to quit, you just don’t know what your purpose is and how you could make that into a business. Or you may already have a side hustle that you love, but the fear of making the leap is so overwhelming that you aren’t making the progress you want.
Just know that wherever you are on your journey its ok. If you don’t know where to start or you aren’t making the progress you want, don’t give yourself a hard time. Its all an experiment, it takes trial and error. We all have to start somewhere and the best place to start is with mindset.
How can you get help?
I’ve been working very hard on putting together an amazing platform where women who want to make the leap from 9-5 to entrepreneur can come together, support each other and also LEARN. I want to support you every step of the way along your journey.
- I want to help you create a strong, positive MINDSET so that you believe you can do this.
- I want to help you get CLARITY on exactly what it is that you want to do.
- I want to show you how to start growing your audience while you’re working full time, so that you have the BUSINESS BASICS nailed before you even say I quit.
- I want to help you create your own step by step escape plan so that you have a STRATEGY
- I want to make sure you take ACTION and make it happen.
Where can you find more help?
If any of this resonates with you and you want to be one of the people who makes it out, who escapes, then jump on the VIP waitlist by clicking the button below and I will make sure you’re the first get behind the scenes sneak peeks of just what I am creating 🙂