Do you love the idea of starting your own business but you have no idea what you would do? Or you just can’t work our what you are passionate about?
Have you ever thought that you could have the perfect business idea just sitting right there in front of you?
All of us have something that we can teach others based on our own experiences. Just because you find something straightforward and really easy it doesn’t mean that others do too!
The key is to help those who are a chapter or two behind you on their journey.
So what have you learned that you could now teach others? Or what have you experienced that you could help others through?
Is there a journey you have been on that you are now coming to the end of? Could you guide others through that journey and make it easier for them than it was for you because of everything you’ve learned?
This is exactly how I started my business – let me share the story with you.
My story starts over 3 years ago now when I was ‘stuck’ in a job that made me miserable. I ended up signed off work with stress and anxiety for the first time in my life. I didn’t recognise myself any more and I didn’t have any hobbies or do any self-care. I was at rock bottom.
I had worked hard for the company for 11 years, always going above and beyond what was asked of me, and when I needed support from them there was none! I’d had enough.
While I was off work I discovered the world of personal development and that’s where my journey really began. My eyes were opened to a whole new world of possibilities. I learned about visualisations, affirmations, self-care, and I gradually began to feel like my old self again.
I knew I couldn’t keep working in that job, so I started to explore what I could do to get out of there. That’s when I realised I could share my journey with others who were a few chapters behind me and help them to get to where they wanted to be. I decided I wanted to help other women to find out what their passions and purpose are so that they can start their own business and grow this big enough to get out of the job they hate and live a life of freedom.
It’s an amazing way to run a business – I get to help so many people, and in turn their business help so many more people! Together we are sending out so much goodness into the world and helping so many people change their lives. In my opinion its the best kind of business to be in.
So what’s your story?
What have you overcome in your life that you could teach others?
Grab your story sheet and let’s find out what you have to share with the world!
So how do you work out the journey you want to take people on?
Download your story sheet and answer the following questions:
1. Write down all of the difficult and challenging things you have been through in your life. What have you overcome? What have you worked through?
2. What are the biggest things that you have learned from this? How has overcoming it improved your life?
3. Where are you currently in your life? What is the journey you are on now?
4. What are the steps you have taken to get here?
Using the information above – what story could you share? What journey could you help take people through?
I’d love to know your a’ha moments in the comments!
Don’t let your doubts, worries and fears take over
…and if doing that work or reading this blog post has made you think ‘but I’m not expert enough’ or ‘why would my story matter to anyone?’ then read on! I hit this hurdle and it stopped me in my tracks for ages – I don’t want that to happen to you!
I am going to share one of my all-time favourite quotes with you – this is what helped me go for it and believe in myself. It really helped me overcome imposter syndrome when I was asking myself “who am I to do this?” when I started out on my business journey.
“There will always be people in the world who are more advanced than you, that’s fine, you can learn from them. But don’t let that stop you from helping those who are a chapter or two behind you” ~ Russel Brunson
Often we think we need to be an expert in order to be able to share our message with other people and its just not true.
1. Is anyone ever an expert? What qualifies someone as an expert? I don’t think any of us are ever ‘experts’ as we’re all always learning and that’s how it should be. We should never stop learning and improving.
2. Just because you are less experienced than someone else it doesn’t make what you have to say any less valid. Don’t compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 20. What you have to say is really important to the people who need to hear that message now. The chances are your audience is different from these more experienced people anyway.
3. It can actually be a huge benefit to be closer to where your audience is on their journey – how often do you read content from these entrepreneur ‘superstars’ whose achievements are so huge that you feel like you will never get to where they are? Your audience will love you when they see that you are just a couple of steps ahead because they will be able to relate to you and you will be able to remember what it’s like to be in their shoes!
Actions to take:
1. Go and fill in your story sheet
2. Come and join us in the Facebook group so that you can meet others on the same journey as you and get support and encouragement.
This group is for women who will no longer settle for 9 to 5 life. They are made for more. They know they can do great things. Make an impact on the world. Change others’ lives. They are ready to step into their greatness and out of their comfort zone and create a fabulous life of freedom.
Discover hacks, tips and strategies to start and grow your business whilst working your 9-5.
Learn how to start a business the simple way, with little investment, and with skills and experience, you already have.
Hang out with like-minded women on the same journey as you for support, sharing knowledge and speeding up success.